Baetis Nymph





Hook:        Curved #18 - 26
Thread:     Brown/Olive
Tail:           Tag of Thread
Body:         Micro Tubing
Thorax:      Peacock Herl



Notes on the Fly

I have been developing a more accurate and easier to tie baetis nymph pattern since last winter, finally this summer I collected a few good samples to match from.  Normally I use a small Pheasant Tail to match a BWO nymph but as you can see below that is not a close representation, and PT take to long to tie.   The new fly is super easy to tie, very durable, and matches the natural nicely.  Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions I would be happy to help.  



Comments

bfly said…
Your new pattern looks much better. And I'm sure that it will perform better too! Nice tie!!
Goose said…
Great match for the BWO nymph. Do you use clear tubing? Is your blog still current?
Bruce